New Year’s Eve is nearly upon us! While Ryan Seacrest keeps the party going in Times Square, you can create your own countdown-to-midnight celebration with good food (featuring Carotino Red Palm and Canola oil, of course) and these easy yet festive ideas.
• Sparkle! Choose shiny silver or gold decorations to make your party shimmer.
• Shine! Light up the room with votive candles or tea lights. Set them in cut glass or crystal holders, and atop mirrors to reflect the flames.
• Create a stunning color scheme! Black works well with silver, or you may also want to accent the decorations with a bright secondary color such as red, gold or even turquoise.
• Add some whimsy! Strategically arrange balloons with the same color scheme in the corners of the room.
• Use clear plastic serving bowls and platters from the party store. You don’t need real crystal or china to set a beautiful table. Choose a paper tablecloth and napkins in your color scheme to tie in the table with the rest of the room.
• Add some glimmer: Sprinkle small amounts of metallic confetti around the serving pieces. Just be careful not to use too much or it could wind up in the food.
• Create a fun centerpiece: Fill a glittery top hat with noisemakers, champagne flutes and other party items.
Your heart-healthy buffet menu selections:
• Healthy Lentil and Beef Burgers
• Macaroni Cheese with Tomato and Onion
• Chocolate and Banana Financiers
• Pumpkin Pie with No Fat Merengue Topping
• Oatmeal-Nut Crunch Apple Pie
Round out this menu with trays of sliced fruit and crudités, served with a variety of healthy dips.
No matter what type of celebration you plan to host, versatile Carotino is the ideal choice for your party menu. Even if you are just a party-goer this New Years, surprise your hosts by bringing one of these great desserts. They will certainly appreciate it, and the recipe will be a great conversation starter.