This quick-and-easy mushroom linguini is nourishing and the best part: it takes under half an hour to prepare! It’s great for the vegetarian or vegan in your life. By adding Carotino Red Palm & Canola Oil, you’re using healthy cooking oil without sacrificing the flavors you love. The original recipe calls for black poplar mushrooms, but make it your own by substituting portabella or crimini mushrooms. For a complete meal, try adding a simple green salad topped with delicious raspberry vinaigrette.
4 tbsp Carotino Red Palm & Canola Oil
1 cup portabella mushrooms
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 tbsp chopped herbs (ie: thyme, chives or oregano)
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt & pepper to season
Parmesan cheese, if desired
1. Clean and trim the mushrooms. Cut in half and then brush with Carotino Red Palm & Canola Oil.
2. Grill until tender, about 7-8 minutes. Turn occasionally to avoid burning.
3. Meanwhile, cook the linguini in boiling water until al dente.
4. Drain the linguini, mix with a dash of Carotino Red Palm & Canola Oil to prevent sticking, and leave it in the pot to keep warm.
5. Remove the cooked mushrooms from the grill and cut into quarters.
6. Pour the juices into a bowl. Add the vinegar, remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic and chopped herbs.
7. Mix well.
8. Add the mushrooms and then salt and pepper to taste.
9. Pour the mixture into the pot of linguini and mix well.
10. Serve in bowls, adding pepper, Parmesan cheese and herbs if desired.