Tacos are always a great choice for a quick meal, and these have all the fixings. Try this family favorite that will have everyone coming back for seconds — or even thirds. It’s perfect for potlucks or picnics!
2 tbsp Carotino Red Palm & Canola Oil
1 lb lean ground beef
1 chopped onion
1 * 1 oz packet of taco seasoning mix
1 *13.5 oz can refried beans (optional)
1 *13.5 oz can of chopped tomatoes
1 cup corn kernels
1 grated carrot
1 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chopped garlic
12 taco shells
Grated cheese, chopped fresh tomatoes, jalapenos, shredded lettuce and sour cream to taste
1. Heat Carotino oil in a frying pan.
2. Add chopped onion, garlic and taco mix. Fry until onion is clear.
3. Add ground beef, breaking it up as you add it so no big lumps form.
4. Add tomatoes, beans, half the grated carrot, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce and half the corn. Simmer for 15 minutes on low heat until thickened.
5. Heat taco shells in hot oven (350°F) for 7 minutes (or as directed on the packet).