Stir frying is one of the healthiest methods of cooking around as it’s so quick, the natural nutrients in the food don’t have time to disintegrate. One of the benefits of Carotino oil is that it has a high smoke point so there’s less of a fire risk when cooking at high temperatures and unlike some oils which lose their goodness when the heat is turned up, Carotino oil retains almost all its natural vitamins.
Using Carotino oil to fry not only tastes great, but helps boost the vitamin content of food.
- 400g/14.1 oz of skinned lean chicken, cut in to strips
- 3cm/1 ⅛ inch fresh ginger, sliced in to thin rounds
- large onions, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery, sliced diagonally
- A handful of green beans, sliced
- 4-5 shiitake or oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 2 level teaspoons of corn flour, mixed with 4 teaspoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Carotino Oil
- 275ml/9.3 fl. oz of water
Marinate the chicken with soy sauce for 15 minutes. Heat a non-stick wok, add Carotino Oil. When hot, add the garlic, ginger and onions and fry until brown. Add marinated chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes until lightly brown. Then add 275ml (1/4 pint) of water and cook until the liquid reduces and the sauce thickens. Add the shiitake mushrooms, peppers, green beans, celery and stir-fry at a high temperature for 3 minutes. Add the blended corn flour and stir well until sauce thickens.